Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's Time...

It’s time to rededicate myself, to many things, but mainly to my goal of living a healthier and happier life. I lost that drive and determination for a while there, heck I lost myself if I want to be honest about it.

I watched The Biggest Loser tonight (I know it comes on Tuesdays but I watched today, Wednesday, get over it) and one of the contestants said something that touched me. We choose to live this way, to be this way. Obesity is a disease but we CHOOSE it. It’s not like cancer where you have no control over the situation. We make choices daily that will determine our weight and our happiness.

So, with that being said, I am now choosing to live my life in a healthier and all around happier way. I will no longer lie to myself about who I am and how I’ve decided to live my life. I have no reason to be ashamed of my past decisions; they’ve made me stronger in many ways and yet weaker in some.

I’m no longer going to obsess over the future, what will be will be. I can control the outcome in many things but not in everything. I need to be happy in the here and now and not worry about what my come.

I know I have a long and hard road ahead of me. I didn’t become this person overnight and I know I won’t become who I want to be overnight.

But with a lot of heart, sweat, support from those who care, and maybe some tears, I know I’ll find the footing and the strength to get me there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment