Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do Over. . .

You ever wished for a do over?

I do, almost every day. Whether it's something I did, said, and ate or the way i reacted to something. There have been times in my life I've wished i could do my ENTIRE life over. I know no one’s life is perfect but come on! Does it have to be so hard?

I've always thought the saying- “For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice” (John Burroughs) has been true, but I've begun to wonder is it REALLY worth it? In the end how much must we sacrifice?

Patience, how much patience do i need exactly? A person doesn't get a certain way overnight (or become a certain weight for that matter), I've never been one with a lot of patience, and it seems to have gotten worse with age (yeah like I'm 50 or something)! But I'm tired of waiting, I'm tired of working, I'm tired of giving up things and people i love.

Self-sacrificing spirit, that's one that's hard to gain or control. We are selfish creatures by habit. "What's mine is mine, get your own!" that's been our (or my) mentality since the beginning. How do we overcome that?

Love, something easily gained and lost. We all have love in our life in one form or another. Me? I have my family wonderful parents, great siblings and a plethora of nieces and nephews. But what about L-O-V-E? When does that happen? I know people who married young and are younger than me and already have children! WHEN? That’s all i want to know!

Work, ewww, just the thought of it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth! We all need work that's beneficial and helps us in one way or another. It’s even better if it's helpful to others, work that makes things better. But how do you find it? Now there's the kicker, how?

I guess i kind of went on a tirade here, but I'm in one of those moods, wish things were better, not necessarily easier just better. In one area mentioned above not necessarily all, just one and I'd be good!

Do over? When is it my turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment