Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Don’t Ask For Much

All I want to do is scream
All I want to do is cry
All I want to do is sit in my quite solitude

I don’t ask for much but some loneliness
For some time alone in the dark with my thoughts

All I want is for you to understand me
All I want is for this world to come to a halt when I ask
All I want is for this life to be a practice for reality

I don’t want much but some time alone
I don’t need much but some peace and quite

All I want is for my music to always be in the background
All I need is some time to sing my melodies
All I ask is that you leave the volume on high

I don’t want much but some constant beats
I don’t ask for a lot just some time with my pen and paper

I found the above while going through some files on my computer tonight, and it seems to express how I'm feeling tonight pretty well. I wrote this about 4 years ago originally.

2 comments: